Vintage Cameras!

Hello!

So as I wrote a couple of days before, I fell super in love with vintage typewriters (I'm in the process of getting one or two) and now I'm like obsessed with vintage cameras. In fact, I just bought two on the US ebay and I'm going to get the third one! Let's see how that goes because I haven't received them yet.

The first one I got was the Imperial Mark XII camera in a very nice acqua/turquoise color and I got it for a really special price. The camera comes in its original box with a roll film (which I suppose it expired a long time ago) and although it includes 3 flash bulbs, it doesn't come with the flash device =( (let's see if I can find later on).


The second one I bought was the Imperial II Flash Satellite Camera in a brown/tan color with the flash and the bulb for a bargain price (seriously cheap). Both cameras are made of plastic, require 127 roll film and were produced by the Hebert George Company in Chicago, Ill., USA between the 1950's - 60's.


The next one I want to get is the Kodak Brownie Holiday which is a very small camera, measures approximately 4 inches wide, 3 1/4 inches tall x 3 inches deep and also requires 127 roll film, it's made of hard plastic and it comes with the original strap. This camera was introduced in October of 1953 and discontinued in April of 1962 and was pretty popular in its days and very easy to use from what I have read. I'm just taking a lil bit more time to get this one because I really want one in very good condition and preferably working. I would love to take pictures with it someday.


Here's a pinterest board that I did with some of my favorite pictures of these cameras. I hope you like them!





Good night!

Comments

Popular Posts